Dry erase board is commonly known as the whiteboard is the most useful and handy thing to have. It is widely used in the education department and in offices. Without any doubt, it is preferred over the traditional blackboards due to its sophisticated looks and easy to use process. Though reusing the board for the time and again can leave stains which are hard to remove. However it is easy to maintain, all you need is to know how to clean dry erase board. Cleaning is the key to increasing the long life of your board. A little bit of knowledge can really make wonder to your dry erase board.
You may hear of people using toothpaste, alcohol, sanitizer, spot remover, vinegar etc. Certainly, these products help to remove stains but the most effective products are alcohol, sanitizer, and the toothpaste.
Here are some of the complete reliable steps to clean your dry erase board:
Usage of rubbing alcohol
Rubbing alcohol, the chemical name is isopropyl alcohol is widely used and effective product and it can do magic on your board. Be it an ink of usual marker or the permanent one it easily soluble in the rubbing alcohol. You need a good quality of rubbing alcohol and a piece of cotton cloth.
- Soak the cloth in alcohol, squeeze out the excess amount.
- Rub it directly on the marks till the stains vanish.
- The old stains may take time to come off you can directly put the alcohol on it and once it starts to evaporate use your alcohol soaked cloth to remove the stain.
2.Using new dry erase marker
The most reliable product though not pocket-friendly. Things that you need to buy are a new dry marker and an eraser for the whiteboard. The old marks are stubborn and they are really hard to get rid of. As their inks already dried up you need to smoothen it.
- Use your new marker and rewrite over the old stains and leave it for sometimes. The fresh stains reactivate the old one hence it becomes easy to remove the stains.
- Then use the whiteboard eraser to wipe off both the stains. Both the new and old ink will be removed thus leaving a white clear stain freeboard.
It may sound strange to you but our hand sanitizer does have the ability to clean the board but it must be alcohol based. The presence of alcohol in the sanitizer reacts with the ink and removes it from the board’s surface. You need only two things first the hand sanitizer which has alcohol in it and a piece of cotton cloth.
- Soak the cloth properly with the hand sanitizer.
- Apply the cloth on the stained area to remove the stains of the old marker.
The product that helps us to clean our teeth and gives it a brighter look, it can also be used as a cleaning agent of your dry erase board. You need a toothpaste that does not claim to be ayurvedic and a rag. The generic white toothpaste is the thing that will work for you.
- Apply the toothpaste on your stained board.
- With the help of your rag spread the toothpaste all over the stain. Leave it for some time.
- With the help of the dry side of the rag rub off the entire area.
Using spot remover is the old method it is effective but you need to apply the process couple of time. A fine quality of spot remover and a rag will just do.
- Spray the remover on the stain mark directly, the old ink will dissolve and comes down. With the help of cloth wipe the stains.
- This product is not so effective on the permanent marker stains, so do apply it over and over again to get your desired goal.