If you are more an extrovert person who loves to go out on beaches ,loves to host beach parties , surfing contest or maybe a family guy who loves to spend a good time with family and friends under the heartwarming rays of sun with a vast sea in front of eyes and the breeze that touches your heart. May whatever the reason is sometimes you need to install a beach canopy. And you have to know how to install a canopy tent.
Apart from giving a great view beach does provide an enormous problem to set up a canopy. A seashore is the windier place compare to any other places. Sand doesn’t provide much support to keep the canopy stabilized. Thus a gush of wind can pin down your canopy as easily as a blow of wind from your mouth turns down cards corridors. Being a good host you need to be sure of if your place is stable enough thus you must use the following ways to securely install your canopy.
There are basically two ways to install the canopy these are:
- Use metal stakes-By using a hammer put the metal stakes into the ground about 7 ft away from each pole of the tent, leaving 2 to 4 inches above the ground to tie up the knots to them. Metal stakes are easily available at any hardware stores. Put these stakes at every corner of your canopy.
- Clove hitch knots-Though the name is a bit tricky but it is easy to tie such knots. You need to make two loops near the loops so that the left loop is on the top and the right loop is at the below of the loop. Along the loops by putting the right loop over the left loop and attach it with the stakes and firmly pull it to tighten.
- Tie the ends-Now tie the rope to the tent frame in which you will find an anchor to tie the ropes or you may tie it directly at the canopy’s top. It is advisable to tie another clove hitch knot at the top.
- Tie the remaining rope-Tie the remaining loop at the rope that tied with the metal stake. Make the loop in such a way that the end of the rope passes into the loop.
- Weights with large buckets-Buy 4 buckets of large size with handles to carry it easily and also a place to tie up the ropes. Using 4 more buckets will provide extra support for your canopy.
- Fill in the bucket-You may fill in the bucket either with water or with sand. But the best way is to fill the buckets with both sand and water that provides that gives double strength.
- Tie overhead knot-To tie an overhead knot you need to enclose one end of the rope to the handle and push the tip through the loop. Tightly pull the rope to secure it completely. You may tie another knot for better security.
- Tie with the tent-Once you are done do tie another end of the rope at the top of the canopy. The remaining portion of the rope must be wrap at both the ends to give more strength.
- Buckets are to be placed in the proper place-Lastly take the bucket and slowly move it away from each other but you must do it slowly otherwise your tent may collapse. Do place the bucket in the proper position so to provide an equal amount of weight throughout. If you are thinking of using 4 buckets make sure to place two buckets evenly at each corner.
These are the quick and easy steps to master setting up a canopy. Next time do enjoy your beach time without much trouble setting up a canopy.