Painting enhances the beauty and also the durability of the area. No matter where you paint is it your walls or any surface it is important to prepare the surface properly. The beauty and the durability of the paint depend on how well or smooth the surface is. Sometimes for the purpose of redecoration, you may change the color of your walls and it does become a headache to peel out that old paint from the respective area. A paint scraper is a useful object that easily takes off paints from either your tiles or walls or any surface. Removing paint can be one a hassle full work this item allows you to do your work more efficiently. For removing a bit old paint a metal putty knife is enough but for doing a more difficult job you need to know how to use paint scraper or else you can cause a damage to the area you have chosen to work on.
The things which you required for the purpose are:
- Pressure washer
- Metal putty knife
- A paint scraper
- Grit sandpaper, the number depends on the area of the work.
Steps to be followed while using a paint scraper to remove the old paints from any surface
1. Take the pressure washer and with the help of it clean the area in which the old paint resides. Mark the area and at the lowest setting set the washer then stand far from the marked area almost 10 to 15 feet away so to prevent damaging the surface. Before heading on further make sure that the area is dried up completely or else the consequences will definitely not be in your favor.
2. Time to work with the metal knife putty. Try to remove almost all the loose paint. Focus on the larger peeling area than the one in which the chipping of the paints is least.
3. The third stage is using a paint scraper. Give a nice pressure to pull the scraper down but vertically and not horizontally. Make sure your pressure does not exceed so much that it harms the wood beneath it. Keep on using paint scraper until no more paint can be removed.
4. Lastly, with the help of the sandpaper rub the area to make it smooth and even.
Things to remember
- A pressure washer is a time saver; it can easily peel off a great amount of paint from your surface. But while using the pressure washer do remember it can cause damage because of its high pressure, so you must be careful enough. It is advisable to use the low settings if necessary increase the power.
- A paint scraper is indeed a great tool for removing old paints but it scatters a lot of dirt in every direction. Either it can get into your lungs or may get into your eyes which are definitely not a good thing. It is advisable to use protective eye gear and a dust mask before using it. After all, prevention is better than cure.