Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body; it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity. To enjoy the glow of a good health, you need to keep yourself fit and active, by eating well and healthy, breathing good and by doing exercise. But pollution is one harmful aspect which can resist you from being physically fit. It is being found that exposure to air pollution for a long time results in damaging lungs and heart. It too does affect our brain. So if you want to inhale fresh you have to filtrate the pollutants first.
A large population prefers to wear masks and also prefers using the devices that promise to decrease the risks. There are a variety of precautionary modes to control it from the minimal dust mask to the objects that clean air and resist the worst pollution, which is often been faced by us in the extremely dangerous places of work such as mining industry, factory etc. This dust mask has its own ability to minimize polluted air to go inside your body through it completely depends on pollutant as well as on the quality of the dust mask and it is being used.
Using dust mask can provide a bit of clean air for your respiratory system but at the same time it does not work as a respirator thus fails to provide protection against harmful dust, gases or vapors. They can be used for getting comfort from non-toxic substances while performing the activity in the garden, mowing, and dusting. However, you will get some highly expensive dust masks that claim to give you filtrate air for respire.
The following steps will let you know how to wear a dust mask.
Putting on the dust mask
- Keep the dust masks in a position holding in hands with the nosepiece at fingertips with the head straps to fall below the hand.
- Then place the dust mask under your chin with nosepiece up.
- Take the top strap goes over and rests it on the back of your head. Take the bottom strap goes over and rests it on the back of your head. Take the bottom strap and position around the neck and below the ears.
- It is advisable not to crisscross the straps or to wear with only one strap.
- Once you fit in then adjust the dust mask as per your comfortability.
Checking the seal
- Place both of the hands over the dust mask and take a quick breath in to check whether the dust has sealed tightly to the face or not.
- Place both hands completely over the dust mask and exhale. If you feel leakage, there is not a proper seal.
- If you find there is any sort leakage of air do readjust the nose piece. If you find that the air leaks at the mask edges do re-adjust the straps along the sides of your head until a proper seal is achieved.
- Repeat until a proper seal is maintained, otherwise ask for help or try a different size or model.
In this world full of pollution that is of course man made you may not get rid of it completely but can take prevention against it. Air and water are the main components of living, however, we are destroying it irrationally. Though the damage cannot be reversed but can be checked if we try to. Lesser the pollution the cleaner the air become leading to the great prosperity of living.